GRI: Business Planning
WHEN: Wednesday | November 9, 2022 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
WHERE: Virtual, hosted through Zoom
WHY: Business planning is one of the least practiced aspects of the real estate business, and yet one of the most important. The average new licensee does not think about a business plan or the goals needed for a business plan. Why? Because they never had to in their previous career or they simply did not think they were a “business.”
A business plan is a working tool, identifying and defining business goals and outlining methods of achieving them. It is a detailed description of exactly how a real estate licensee or broker intends to create and operate their business. The business plan is based on research of the industry and an analysis of personal and business income and expenses.
• Prepare clear, concise, and attainable written goals. Differentiate between goal gross income and goal net income.
• Specify which activities they should do and how often in order to achieve their goals.
• Illustrate the importance of a business plan.
• Develop a basic business plan using at least three business plan elements.
• Complete a sample income statement using a case study.
• Complete a sample balance sheet using a case study.
• Complete a sample cash flow statement using a case study.
• Prepare financial and statistical information for use in goal-setting and business planning.
GRI REQUIREMENTS: - Be a Colorado Realtor® in good standing - Complete Coursework - The GRI program consists of 15 courses, most providing 4 hours of credit, for a total of 56 CE hours of education. Courses may be taken online, in the classroom from a sponsoring Realtor® Association, or a combination of online and classroom. All 60 hours of education toward the GRI designation must be completed within 3 years.
INSTRUCTOR: Rich Sands
CE CREDITS: 4 hours of GRI credit | 0 CO CE (In order to receive GRI credits, you must: have video capability, have video on and be visible for the duration of the class. You may not drive, show homes or participate in any distractions during class. GRI credits will not be given to those who fail to follow these guidelines.)
PRICE: Realtor® Member $50 | Non-Realtor® $70
CLASS POLICIES: You must cancel 24 hours in advance to receive a refund less $10 in service fees. If you choose to transfer to another class, you will be charged a $10 transfer fee. You must attend the entire class to receive your Colorado Continuing Education Credits.
Registration is a two-step process. The day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines.