GRI Finance (Zoom Class)
WHEN: Wednesday | October 21, 2020 | 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
WHY: A key part of the real estate transaction is financing. In general, financing addresses the ways in which people, businesses, and organizations allocate and use monetary resources. Being aware of the latest developments in finance helps to clarify the economic status and affordability of the real estate market for clients. Understanding the fundamentals of mortgage finance is a key to a successful real estate sales business foundation and delivering invaluable services to consumers.
This course will provide participants with a better understanding of real estate finance.
- Describe how the primary and secondary (including GSEs) mortgage markets and entities operate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements and rules regarding VA loans, FHA-insured loans, and various conventional loan types.
- Perform basic calculations for fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages to include qualifying ratios, down payment, monthly payment, PMI, principal, interest, MIP and discount points.
- Determine when a client should be referred elsewhere for professional lending advice and processing.
- Describe the requirements and processes of a reverse annuity mortgage.
- Prepare a client for the three stages of the mortgage loan process.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the credit scoring system.
- Discover potentially fraudulent mortgage activity
GRI REQUIREMENTS: - Be a Colorado REALTOR in good standing - Complete Coursework - The GRI program consists of 15 courses, each providing 4 hours of credit, for a total of 60 hours of education. Courses may be taken online, in the classroom from a sponsoring REALTOR association, or a combination of online and classroom. All 60 hours of education toward the GRI designation must be completed within 3 years.
INSTRUCTOR: Mike Moger
CE CREDITS: 4- You must have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
PRICE: REALTOR® Member $50 | Non-REALTOR® $70
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two step process. The day before class you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines.
CLASS POLICIES: You must cancel 24 hours in advance to receive a refund less $10 in service fees. If you choose to transfer to another class, you will be charged a $10 transfer fee. You must attend the entire class to receive your Colorado Continuing Education Credits.