As a benefit to you, enrollment in this program is now available to all DMAR members - REALTORS® and Industry Partners - as well as their families (whether the member enrolls or not).
For years, one of the most common concerns for REALTORS® has been finding affordable healthcare solutions. We are proud to announce the roll-out of a healthcare solution that we believe will be a great option for many of our members. It is made up of two parts:
- Apex, which addresses small medical costs like preventive care, regular visits and prescriptions.
- Sedera, which addresses large medical costs like accidents, cancer treatment and surgeries.
These two products are now available to DMAR members in one offering for a cost averaging 50% less than purchasing traditional health insurance.
The plan includes the following features:
- Sedera Health: A non-faith based medical cost-sharing administrator with a product specifically designed for use with associations.
- Teladoc: A global leader in virtual care, Teladoc doctors are U.S. board-certified and licensed to practice in Colorado. They can diagnose, treat and prescribe medication if medically necessary.
- Apex Advantage: A feature that provides many preventative services at no additional cost and low co-pays for routine medical treatment at primary doctors, specialists, urgent care facilities and imaging centers. Unfortunately, these particular benefits do require the use of PHCS network providers, but the PHCS network is robust, even in the more remote locations in Colorado.
- WellDyneRX: A full-service prescription benefits manager that provides a six-tiered prescription drug benefit with discounts, co-insurance and co-pays as low as $1.
While medical cost-sharing has some limitations, such as a waiting period on pre-existing conditions, it has two important advantages over traditional health insurance: affordability and freedom from networks. As traditional health insurance premiums continue to rise across the country, medical cost-sharing programs are attracting more attention than ever before. If you are not familiar with how medical cost-sharing works, it’s a good time to learn:
Since each individual’s situation is different, it’s not the intention of DMAR to recommend a specific healthcare plan for its members – it is the responsibility of each member to determine the suitability of any plan for his or her situation; however, DMAR has made a meaningful effort to make this option available with the belief that there will likely be many for whom this plan is an affordable and appropriate solution.