Digging Deeper: Year-to-Date Zip Code Report
The DMAR Market Trends Committee examined the year-over-year changes in average close price, median close price, number of closed transactions and days in MLS by zip code.
- 84.4 percent of the 90 metro area zip codes experienced median price growth.
- At the mid-point of 2019, 20 zip codes had year-over-year price drops. We finished 2019 with only 12 zip codes, or 13.3 percent, seeing price drops. This demonstrates the tale of two halves in 2019: the first six months underperformed and the last six over performed.
- In 2019, the hottest zip code (80202, Downtown/LoDo) had a year-over-year median price increase of 16.8 percent. The coldest zip codes (80235, Marston Slopes/Pinehurst and 80247, Winsor/Dayton Triangle) had year-over-year median price decreases of 7.1 percent.
- 72.2 percent of metro zip codes closed more transactions in 2019 than in 2018.
- 6.6 percent of metro zip codes had a decrease in days in MLS from 2019 compared to 2018.