Advanced 1031 Exchange Concepts for Real Estate Professionals (Zoom Class)
WHEN: Tuesday | October 20, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
WHY: An overview of the importance and benefits of utilizing a 1031 exchange.
- Learn two key questions that will determine whether or not a transaction is eligible for a 1031 Exchange
- List and understand the seven key requirements for an Exchange
- Identify best practices for selecting a QI (Qualified Intermediary)
- Recognize and address common Exchange challenges
- Review key aspects and components of the Reverse Exchange
- Explore “Drop & Swap” and “Swap & Drop” strategies
- Understand owner-carry notes in a 1031 Exchange
- Discuss refinancing opportunities and limitations
- Recognize that 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges need to be central to a client’s tax planning strategies
INSTRUCTOR: Ken Palmen
CE CREDITS: 2- You must have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
PRICE: REALTOR® Member $28 | Non-REALTOR® $43
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two step process. The day before class you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines.
CLASS POLICIES: You must cancel 24 hours in advance to receive a refund less $10 in service fees. If you choose to transfer to another class, you will be charged a $10 transfer fee. You must attend the entire class to receive your Colorado Continuing Education Credits.