GRI Fair Housing
WHEN: Tuesday |April 18, 2023 | 1:00 PM -5:00 PM
WHERE: Virtual, hosted through Zoom
WHY: Learning how to take a proactive role in preventing fair housing violations will reduce a real estate licensee's exposure to liability. Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 ( Fair Housing Act), as amended, prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, sand and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on r ace, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status(including children under the age of 18 living with parents, or legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18), and disability. A real estate licensee's awareness of federal fair housing laws and sensitivity to consumer diversity is vital to business success, reputation, and growth. Licensees will learn why it is necessary to understand fair housing laws and the impact that both fair housing and diversity have on their business.
- -Apply definitions of the seven protected classes and their exemptions to daily business encounters.
- -Demonstrate behavior compliant with federal fair housing and related laws (including ADA).
- -Compare obligations of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration to the requirements of the Fair Housing Act.
- -Apply an understanding of HUD's complaint and penalty process regarding fair housing violations.
- -Demonstrate person first behavior in the context of diversity.
- -Construct a niche marketing plan that reflects an awareness of and sensitivity to diversity.
GRI REQUIREMENTS: Be a Colorado Realtor® in good standing.
Complete coursework. The GRI program consists of 15 courses, most providing four (4) hours of credit, for a total of 56 CE hours of education. Courses may be taken online, in the classroom from a sponsoring REALTOR association, or a combination of online and classroom.
All 60 hours of education toward the GRI designation must be completed within three (3) years.
INSTRUCTOR: Rich Sands
CE CREDITS: 4 (In order to receive CE credits, you must: have video capability, have video on and be visible for the duration of the class. You may not drive, show homes or participate in any distractions during class. CE credits will not be given to those who fail to follow these guidelines.)
PRICE: Realtor® $50 | Non-Realtor® $70
CLASS POLICIES: You must cancel 24 hours in advance to receive a refund less $10 in service fees. If you choose to transfer to another class, you will be charged a $10 transfer fee. You must attend the entire class to receive your Colorado Continuing Education Credits.
Registration is a two-step process. The day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines.