Denver Metro Zip Code Data Year to Date
Observations of the Metro housing market by zip code
We examine the year-over-year change through the first three quarters of the year.
1. Drilling down we see some areas of town are still experiencing great price growth, but not as much as last year. In 2018, 31 of 90 (or 34.4 percent of the zip codes) had a year-over-year median price increase of 10 percent or greater. In 2019, only five of 90 (or 5.6 percent of the zip codes) had a year-over-year median price increase of 10 percent or greater.
2. We’re seeing more parts of town with price drops compared to last year. In 2018, one of 90 (or 1.1 percent of the zip codes) had a year-over-year median price decrease. In 2019 that number has significantly increased with 17 of 90 (or 18.8 percent of the zip codes) having a year-over-year median price decrease.
3. In 2018, the hottest zip code (80237 - Hampden South & North DTC) had a year-over-year median price increase of 41.4 percent. In 2019 that same zip code is now ranked 15th of 90 with a year-over-year median price increase of 6.1 percent.
4. As the market continues to seek balance, days on market continues to grow. In 2018, 63.3 percent of metro area zip codes had a year-over-year increase in days on market compared to 91.1 percent in 2019.
5. With overall sales up 2.7 percent year-over-year, it’s interesting to see 64.4 percent of the metro area zip codes had increases in sales compared to only 39.8 percent in 2018. This demonstrates more geographic balance in sales vs. last year.
The views, opinions and positions expressed within this guest post are those of the author alone and do not necessarily represent those of the Denver Metro Association of REALTORS®. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The copyright of this content belongs to the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with them.
If you are interested in submitting a guest post, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.