2019 Helping Hands Outreach Project
WHEN: Friday & Saturday | August 23 & 24, 2019 | 8:00 AM - Dusk
WHERE: Eagle's Nest Ranch | 36998 Timber Dr. Elizabeth, CO 80107
WHY: Helping Hands is a community outreach program created by the Douglas Elbert District. Its mission is to help those in need within our community with home or property improvement projects. This year’s project will benefit Eagle’s Nest Ranch, a 501(c)(3) non-profit located in Elizabeth, that provides equestrian therapy for Armed Forces and first responders suffering from PTSD and social reintegration, and children with emotional disabilities. Volunteers will help to convert a 36’ x 36’ portion of the barn into a comfortable area for families to enjoy while their loved ones are working with the horses, as well as provide an indoor area for group gatherings. We are looking for support in the form of volunteered labor or monetary and material donations. Please contact Doil Storie at email@example.com for more information.
Download the donation letter HERE.
Scope of Work Includes
- Installing shiplap siding
- Installing a large barn door to allow for truck access
- Installing a 36” door
- Painting ceiling and interior walls
- Painting equipment and obstacles used for horse therapy sessions
- Installing a pellet stove
- Replacing ceiling lights
- Cleaning horse stall
Volunteer Help Needed
- Skilled labor with tools to install siding, barn door, standard door, lights, pellet stove.
- Professional painter to paint the ceiling prior to project start
- Electrician to make wiring changes
- Painting help with inside walls and horse obstacles (posts, poles, stands, etc.)
- Help with cleaning interior walls and metal fronts of stalls