South/East Director Position Open
Apply to Be a New South/East District Director
The DMAR Board of Directors is seeking one (1) new South/East District Director. The position will begin immediately upon a vote by the Board of Directors and run through September 30th, 2023. Candidates must have a home or office address in the South/East District - check our District zip code guide, here.
This is a great opportunity to get involved at a leadership level within the Association, as well as take advantage of the chance to proudly represent the interests and concerns of your fellow members.
Deadline to apply is 5:00 PM on Monday, April 25th
Criteria for Serving on the DMAR Board of Directors:
- The candidate must be a voting member in good standing with a minimum of two (2) years as an active Realtor® member, and a voting member in good standing of the Denver Metro Association of Realtors® for a minimum of one (1) year prior to the election date.
- The candidate must not be associated with a physical office location that already has two members serving on the Board of Directors for the ensuing year, nor shall there be more than two candidates from any one office location, nor shall there be more than one candidate from a physical office location that has a member serving for the ensuing year.
- The candidate must pledge to spend the time and effort to serve in the position to the best of such person’s ability. The candidate must commit to attending all DMAR Board of Directors' meetings in each elective year.
- The candidate must not have been found in violation of Colorado Real Estate License Law within five (5) years preceding the date of the election.
- The candidate must not have been found in violation of NAR’s Code of Ethics within three (3) years preceding the date of the election.
- The candidate must not have been convicted of a felony within five (5) years preceding the date of the election. The candidate must submit to a background check to verify.
- The Director must maintain all criteria while serving their term in office. In the event the Director fails to maintain the criteria set forth for their position, they shall resign or be removed from office immediately upon failing to meet said criteria.
- Board of Director members are not eligible to serve as directors or officers if currently serving as a director or officer of another local Realtor® Board/Association, or serving as a CAR, NAR or REcolorado Director.
- The candidate must have an office or home address within the District in which they are applying.
If you have any questions, please email Amber Alvarado at firstname.lastname@example.org.