DMAR Elections 2019: Become a DMAR Director
This is your chance to proudly represent the interests and concerns of your district, while influencing the direction of our Association as a whole.
We will soon have three (3) spots available on DMAR's Board of Directors, representing the North, West and Douglas Elbert districts. Open seats are for three year terms. This is your chance to proudly represent the interests and concerns of your district. You'll be privy to the latest insider real estate news while being part of an influential team that drives our mission. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 7th.
Criteria to serve per the bylaws
All candidates on the slate for the Board of Directors must:
- Be a voting member in good standing with a minimum of two years as an active REALTOR® member, and a voting member in good standing of the Denver Metro Association of REALTORS® for a minimum of one year prior to the election date.
- Not be associated with a physical office location that already has two members serving on the Board of Directors for the ensuing year, nor shall there be more than two candidates from any one office location, nor shall there be more than one candidate from a physical office location that has a member serving for the ensuing year.
- Pledge to spend the time and effort to serve in the position to the best of such person’s ability. The candidate must commit to attend all DMAR Board of Directors' meetings in each elective year.
- Not have been found in violation of Colorado Real Estate License Law within five (5) years preceding the date of the election.
- Not have been found in violation of NAR’s Code of Ethics within three (3) years preceding the date of the election.
- Not have been convicted of a felony within five (5) years preceding the date of the election.
The Director must maintain all criteria while serving their term in office. In the event the Director fails to maintain the criteria set forth for their position, they shall resign or be removed from office immediately upon failing to meet said criteria.
Board of Director members are not eligible to serve as directors or officers if currently serving as a director or officer of another local REALTOR® Board/Association, or serving as a Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR), National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) or REcolorado Director.