Quarterly Member Report | 2023 Q1
- We kicked off the new year with our annual DMAR Economic Summit featuring Elliot Eisenberg, President & Chief Economist for GraphsandLaughs, LLC; J.J. Ament, President & CEO of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce; Patty Silverstein, President & Chief Economist of Development Research Partners; Christopher Smith, Superintendent of Cherry Creek Public Schools and Amanda Snitker, Vice Chair of DMAR’s Market Trends Committee.
- Our Monthly Market Trends Report became a member-exclusive benefit. To view the most current report, members need to log in behind the member login wall. Previous reports are still available on our site at dmarealtors.com/market-trends-reports.
- Two of our members were included in the 2023 Leadership Rankings, the Power 200, which ranks the most powerful leaders in the residential real estate brokerage industry as of December 31, 2022.
- We added a new Marketing Meeting at DMAR HQ, in addition to the weekly Marketing Meeting held at DMAR North. Our new meeting is scheduled for the second Friday of every month from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM. This is a great way to share your new listings, mingle with Industry Partners and discover buyer needs that may improve your business.
- Nobu Hata resigned as our Chief Executive Officer effective February 28, 2023. A task force was formed to fill the position.
- We hosted our 45th Annual Excellence Awards on March 9, 2023 at the Seawell Ballroom at the DCPA with winners across 11 different categories, and over 35 awards given out. This year, the Pathways Award was created to recognize members who are committed to guiding and supporting clients from traditionally underserved communities along the various pathways to homeownership was also introduced.
- On March 15, 2023 DMAR held a membership meeting where proposed updates to the Association's Bylaws were presented to members and voted on. To view the updated 2023 Bylaws, visit dmarealtors.com/news/memo-members-regarding-2023-bylaw-changes.
- We are currently working with The WAV Group to secure the most qualified candidate for the CEO position; the position has been posted, applications have been received and Amy Davies will continue serving as Interim CEO and COO until the new hire is selected.
Focus on Giving Back | $7,500 Donated to Our Community
$5,000 donated to Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.
Each year Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver works to serve approximately 150 local families. Since its founding in 1979, they have served more than 1,350 families, equating to 5,400 adults and children. Specifically, Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver’s homeownership program empowers individuals and families to build and buy their own homes. DMAR provided a $5,000 donation and our Board of Directors will be participating in a Build Day in order to help strengthen our community by building safe, affordable housing.
$1,500 donated to the Club Q Victims & Survivors Compassion Fund.
On November 19, 2022, a gunman opened fire at Club Q in Colorado Springs, CO, killing five people, wounding 17 and injuring others. Faith Haug, a local LGBT businesswoman, started a fund for those directly impacted by the shooting and asked the National Compassion Fund to administer it. DMAR's Leadership Council donated $1,500 to this fund, which will benefit the loved ones of the people who were killed, those who were injured and those who were present and suffered psychological trauma.
$1,000 in sponsorship for the Fair Housing & Colorado's Housing Crisis: Partnering for Action.
The Fair Housing & Colorado's Housing Crisis: Partnering for Action event was held on April 25, 2023. As part of the 55th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act collection, the event featured an expert panel of representatives from HUD’s office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, Native American Housing Circle, MSU student perspective, Brother Jeff’s Cultural Center and the Southeastern Colorado Residential Rental Association. DMAR was a proud sponsor at the $1,000 level.