A Message From SentriLock:
Dear Valued SentriLock Customer,
We sincerely appreciate serving your business needs, and look forward to a successful 2020. We would like to share an announcement from SentriLock, our trusted lockbox and access management provider, that may impact the way you access properties in the future.
Retirement of SentriCards
SentriLock has been providing smart card enabled lockboxes for 16 years and counting. Smart cards, while innovative at the time of introduction, represent a technology that is reaching the end of its life cycle.
Effective January 1 of 2022, SentriLock will officially retire the SentriCard® as an access means for SentriLock lockboxes. They are providing two-years advance notice so our members can prepare for this transition.
What does this mean to you?
SentriLock will no longer support the use of a smart card as a means to access lockboxes for showings on January 1, 2022. This means that:
- All lockbox accesses for showings will happen via the SentriKey® Real Estate app.
- All new credentials will be issued for the SentriKey Real Estate app only and not the SentriCard.
- They will no longer sell SentriCards, with the exception of replacement cards for our non-Bluetooth® REALTOR® Lockbox owners.
- The only use of the SentriCard will be for owners of a non-Bluetooth® REALTOR® Lockbox to enable them to take ownership of a lockbox, as well as assign a lockbox to a property – with limited settings available.
Keep in mind that, despite the retirement of the SentriCard, all previous generations of SentriLock’s lockboxes can continue to be accessed, including those without Bluetooth® connectivity, by using the SentriKey Real Estate app. Non Bluetooth® lockboxes can be accessed through app-generated codes entered via the lockbox keypad.
What should you do now?
If you are a SentriCard user, you should start to transition to the SentriKey Real Estate mobile app. Over three-quarters of SentriLock lockbox accesses in 2019 were through the app. The app enhances the user experience and offers dozens of features, including:
- No need for card renewals – ever!
- Immediate notifications when someone enters and leaves a property.
- The ability to use Touch ID and Facial Recognition to streamline the access process.
- Property details through SentriLock’s listing detail partners.
- More features with the app – Agent Safety, report key missing, and listing agent information.
How SentriLock will help you
SentriLock created a special web-based tool called the SentriKey App School that is focused on educating members about the app. Just visit www.SentriLock.com/AppSchool to access it and complete a brief education module on transitioning from the smart card to the app. It features how-to videos, helpful hints and more. You can even print a certificate to commemorate completing the module.
We are excited about the transition of all our members to an app-only environment by 2022. Such an environment enables us to take advantage of more robust features that help make the home sales process more efficient and effective.