COVID-19 Update: 11/18/20
Dear DMAR Members,
As announced yesterday, November 17th, 15 Colorado counties (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, La Plata, Logan, Mesa, Morgan, Routt, Summit and Washington) will be moving to a Level Red classification on the COVID-19 dial beginning Friday, November 20th. Under Level Red restrictions, most indoor activities are prohibited or strictly limited. Read the full summary of changes, here.
In light of this change, we wanted to provide some guidance and clarification for our members:
- Real estate is still considered an essential or critical business, meaning you are able to continue to offer services to your buyers and sellers.
- In-person showings are still allowed but should be limited to just the REALTOR® and the buyer(s).
Please remember, the health and safety of yourself and your clients should remain your top priority. If you are conducting in-person showings, safety precautions should be taken including:
- Wearing a mask and gloves.
- Requiring each person entering the home or property to use hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching surfaces (e.g. door handles or cabinet knobs).
- Practicing physical distancing at all times.
- Wiping down any surfaces touched at the end of each showing - including the lockbox and key - with a disinfecting cleaner or wipe.
- Listing agents: Consider non-contact showing prep by turning on lights, opening doors (room, closet, cabinet, etc.) to minimize the amount of surface contact during showings or leverage technology (Zoom, Matterport, video tours, FaceTime, et al) to minimize in-person showings overall.
As always, we will continue to monitor county and local health department websites for any changes that deviate from the state-wide orders while continually engaging with lawmakers and DORA on policy if this situation escalates. Please stay tuned for updates.
If you have questions, please contact DMAR’s Director of Government Affairs, Peter Wall, at 303-880-7405.