Digging Deeper: Year-to-Date Zip Code Report
The DMAR Market Trends Committee examined the year-over-year changes in average close price, median close price, number of closed transactions and days in MLS by zip code.
- 73.3 percent of the 90 metro area zip codes experienced median price growth. That compares to 70 percent when looking at 2018 compared to 2019.
- Thus far in 2020, the hottest zip code is 80465 (Homestead/Willowbrook/Morrison), which had a year-over-year median price increase of 36.8 percent. This zip code saw nine closings of $1 million or greater compared to only three last year. The Northern Golden zip code (80403, Tablerock/Mesa Meadows,/Coal Creek Canyon) also saw a significant year-over-year median price increase of 31.4 percent. This was due to nine closings of $1 million or greater compared to only one last year.
- The coldest zip code continues to be 80230 (Lowery), which experienced a year-over-year median price decrease of 21 percent.
- 64.4 percent of metro zip codes have closed more transactions in 2020 than in 2019.
- 51.1 percent of metro zip codes have had a decrease in days in MLS from 2020 compared to 2019.
- 16 of the 90 zip codes have experienced double-digit median price changes from 2019 to 2020. This compares to 12 of 90 when we looked at 2018 vs. 2019.