Quarterly Member Report | 2023 Q3
Download your report to see highlights from July, August and September as well as a message from DMAR President,
- In July, DMAR proudly sponsored Habitat for Humanity Metro Denver with a generous donation of $5,000. On July 15th, we teamed up with Habitat for their Blues & BBQ: Festival for Better Housing, a fantastic event dedicated to raising funds for affordable housing. It was heartwarming to see three of our dedicated DMAR members - Andy Glasgo, Elba Quinones, and Michelle Schwinghammer - volunteering at the festival.
- DMAR was a prime sponsor of Denver Mayor Mike Johnston’s inaugural celebration, which took place on Monday, July 17th. The sponsorship provided DMAR’s leadership and staff with a great opportunity to interact with Mayor Johnston and his senior leadership team. We’re looking forward to continuing to work with the new Administration on key issues such as housing affordability, down payment assistance, homelessness and construction defects reform.
- In August, we once again celebrated Member Appreciation Month, offering our valued members an array of benefits, including 12 free classes (totaling over 35 hours of free CE), special discounts, eight free events including opportunities for meet-and-greets with our new CEO, Brendan Bailey.
- We're excited to share that the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) compiled an exclusive member profile report specifically for DMAR. This insightful report is based on responses from a random sample of 5,000 members, with a 3.1 percent response rate. You can access the report here.
- On August 29th, we hosted our inaugural Broker Leadership Summit, a half-day event featuring presentations on critical topics such as ongoing DOJ and NAR litigation and the latest disciplinary data and rule changes from the Colorado Real Estate Commission, among others.
- To further support our members, we engaged the services of the Colorado law firm Frascona, Joiner, Goodman, and Greenstein, P.C. Their report analyzed policy and regulatory issues related to the Colorado Real Estate Commission, investigate disciplinary matters affecting Colorado-licensed real estate professionals and address current policy challenges faced by the Commission. Access the comprehensive report here.
- Our commitment to democratic governance was upheld during online elections held from September 5th to 15th, resulting in the election of five outstanding individuals to the DMAR Board of Directors. Please join us in welcoming your newly elected directors: Jared Blank, Michael Bruce, John Chapman, Kendra Lanterman and Kate Baldwin-Wenzel.
- On Thursday, September 21st, the DMAR Board of Directors voted to elect five new members for our Board. Laura Ruch was elected as an REcolorado Director, Qadra Evans and Michelle Schwinghammer will serve as CAR Directors, and Milford Adams and Larry Hotz were elected as NAR Directors.
- On September 25th, we conducted a free webinar for members, offering valuable insights on how to maximize the benefits of the SafeShowings app, a complimentary member resource. If you missed the webinar, you can watch the recording here.
- We organized a successful Trivia Night RPAC Fundraiser on September 28th, where we raised $32,530 to support RPAC.